COMPLETE EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PACKAGES
Offering a strong benefits package is one of the most important tools you have for attracting and retaining the best employees. You don't have to be a big company to enjoy the benefits of a full service retirement plan solution. Managing your employees' retirement plan and insurance benefits is a big responsibility, one that grows as your company grows.
Our Wealth Management Group recognizes that a successful retirement plan means accurately identifying the company's specific needs and goals before a plan design is recommended. Our process is structured to explore all available alternatives in crafting a plan design that encourages employee participation while meeting the plan sponsor's objectives. Our tenured and experienced team allows us to recommend the right plan design for your company and to redesign the plan as your company grows. We have extensive knowledge in the following:
- Traditional 401(k) profit sharing plans
- Cross-tested and age-weighted tiered compensation structures
- Safe-harbor 401(k) profit sharing plans
- ROTH 401(k) profit sharing plans
- ESOPs (Employee Stock Ownership Plans)
- Non-Qualified Plans
- SIMPLE IRAs
- SEPs (Simple Employee Pensions)
- Defined Benefit Plans
Due to the volatility of the financial markets, recent mutual fund scandals and further potential litigation surrounding the financial services industry, never has there been a time when plan sponsors, trustees and plan advisors are under greater scrutiny from regulators and participants.
The Wealth Management Group helps to minimize risk and effectively deal with the scrutiny currently focused on retirement plan sponsors and fiduciaries by:
Group Insurance Plansi
- Developing an Investment Policy Statement for each plan, which provides a process for selecting and monitoring available investment options;
- Full and complete disclosure of all fees and costs associated with the retirement plan and monitoring those fees to ensure they are in line with or below industry standards;
- Addressing concerns with employee participation, contribution levels and lack of investment knowledge or confidence;
- Having on staff a team of qualified trust officers familiar with current fiduciary standards and practices who are committed to a fiduciary code of ethics .
- Held accountable by several government regulators including the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
The Wealth Management Group offers group health and employee benefits insurance for small and large businesses. Competitive bids are provided through up to 5 nationally known companies. Our group coverage is designed specifically for your business needs and our insurance consultant will design the plans with your cost containment as the top priority including:
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Long-term Care
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- IRC Section 125 (Cafeteria Plans)
- High Deductible Insurance Plans with Health Savings Accounts
Larger companies (over 100 employees) who prefer to self-fund a portion of the cost of health insurance can be accommodated with quotes from several large national companies that have special administrative divisions to manage self-funded groups.
Our life insurance consultant will also review your managers' and key employees' current policies to see if they are adequate and at the best rates available in today's market. This review is at no cost to you and will give you piece of mind and may save you money by premium reduction.
Business Estate Planning
Your business may be the most valuable asset in your entire estate. And yet, most family-owned businesses do not survive the first generation due to legal issues, taxes, and family disputes. To help avoid these matters, it is essential to plan ahead. Your personal estate plan, insurance policies, and business estate plan are all intimately connected.
- Management Succession
A management succession plan is vitally important to the health and welfare of your family and your employees. We offer the following:
- Buy/Sell Funding for Continuation Planning
- Key Man Replacement Coverage
- Executive Benefits Planning
- Business Inheritance
One of the most difficult issues is deciding how to divide your business among your heirs. It's a sensitive issue, but planning for it now can help avoid problems later.
- Business Valuation
To avoid a court battle with the IRS to determine the value of your business for estate taxes, it's important that a professional valuation of your business be performed on a timely basis.
We can also help you plan ahead to make sure your estate has enough liquidity to pay your estate taxes and provide support for your heirs